Health Information & Technology
The Data Services & Health Information Technology (HIT) department of the WVPCA is adept at providing the umbrella framework to illustrate the comprehensive management of health information across computerized systems and its secure exchange between consumers, providers, government, quality entities, and insurers.
Our technical assistance services include:
- Improvement of health care quality or effectiveness
- Increased health care productivity or efficiency
- Prevention of medical errors and increased health care accuracy and procedural correctness
- Reduced health care costs
- Increased administrative and healthcare work processes
- Decreased paperwork and unproductive or idle work time
- Extending real-time communications of health informatics among health care professionals
- Expanding access to affordable care
The WVPCA is dedicated to providing timely information relating to all areas of data and HIT to include data aggregation and analysis that will help improve quality of care and minimize cost increases across all community health centers. We support the usage of data within a data repository for participating health centers and to link data and performance measures as a mechanism to demonstrate the quality, cost effectiveness and efficiency of community health centers throughout West Virginia.