Start Date: 9/18/2019 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 9/18/2019 4:30 PM EDT
Venue Name: Trans Canada Building Location:
1700 MacCorkle Ave SE
Charleston, WV United States 25314
In consideration of your time and travel expenses, the WVPCA is excited to be offering two separate workshop locations; Morgantown, WV on September 17, 2019 or Charleston, WV September 18, 2019. Please choose the workshop that best suits your schedule and travel needs.
This registration is for the Charleston Workshop. If you wish to register for the Morgantown location click here
Healthcare facilities and their staff play a key role in emergency preparedness efforts for all types of events, including natural or man-made disasters, pandemic outbreaks or terrorist attacks.
The conversion of the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) to the Emergency Continuity Plan (ECP) can make your preparedness planning easier and more effective. The ECP is built around the DHS/FEMA planning elements required for federal, state, regional, and local organizations. The ECP is designed to help healthcare organizations of all types and sizes create practical and compliant plans. As a cloud-based solution, these plans are accessible from virtually anywhere at any time.
- Each facility is required to have a 'facility-based' plan that addresses the below elements, based on a Hazard/Risk assessment; meaning that each CHC organization will be developing comprehensive emergency operations plans for each of their facilities/locations. CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule compliance is based upon the healthcare facility meeting some basic planning elements:
- Hazards/Risk Assessment,
- Emergency Operations Planning,
- Continuity of Operations Planning,
- Communications Planning,
- Training and Testing, and
- Policies and Procedures.
- Participants will learn how to access and navigate through the ECP website.
- Participants will learn how to enter and manipulate data within the system to facilitate organizational emergency continuity plans
TARGET AUDIENCE: Emergency Management personnel
Registration closes on September 13 at 5:00 PM EST.
For overnight accommodations, please contact Holiday Inn Express Charleston Civic Center 304.345.0600. The established rate is $119/night for a room (plus fees and taxes) within the reserved room block. Hotel reservations must be made by August 30 to guarantee this rate. You may also use the online portal to make reservations HERE use Group Bloack WVPCA Emergency Continuity and Group Code ECW
Select "Individual Member" if you have a log in. If you would like to request a log in, please contact Warne Dawkins at the WVPCA at 304.346.0032. This training is $40 per person for Community Health Center staff.
If you do not have a log in, please select "Individual Non-Member."
Marketing Release: Classes or events sponsored by the West Virginia Primary Care Association (WVPCA) may be photographed, video-recorded, or audio-recorded. Attendance at a WVPCA class or event constitutes the consent of all attendees. The future broadcast, publication, or other us of photographs, videos, or recordings is solely at the discretion of WVPCA.
Funding for this event is provided by the Center for Threat Preparedness, Bureau for Public Health through the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.